"GOODBYE" Late Fees! Pay Your Bill ONLINE is Operational! GIVE IT A TRY!
Press Releases will follow shortly after each of the Open Public Sessions of GSD Monthly Board of Directors Meetings, generally scheduled on the fourth Tuesday of every month. Please See our Calendar to attend in person, to this public forum for your local water district or read the complete Agenda and Meeting Minutes. Meetings are held inside the main office located at 919 Redwood Drive, Garberville CA 95542
Regular Meeting Called to Order at 5PM Tuesday, November 14, 2023.
General Manager Report:
- Preparations for winter continue. Drainages are being cleaned out, leaks repaired and water meters replaced. Analizing potential problem areas in the system and equipement, including working with customers to address issues they find. Meter readers are observing and reporting areas of concern which may be more difficult to spot during the rainy season, like leaking water meters or wet areas in the road or property.
- Warm welcome to Mir Holmes, who has been working with Rick and staff operators to learn the system, read meters and assist in all areas of water/sewer operations as need arises. Mir has received the Water and Distribution Certificates needed to enter this essential career field.
- General Manager, R. Emerson attended the State Funding Fair to take in the broad presentation or resources within the State, Local and Federal agencies. This added a few more pages of opportunites to pursue with defined requirements to be met, such as, drought preparedness measures, climate considerations, diversity and equity staffing and energy efficiency.
- ALL Employees have been working with J. Short, our project coordinator, to further the Tank Replacement Project, complying with reporting and operatioanl plans. Monthly Reports require a large amount of staff to complete the timely material required to keep the project moving forward.
Regular Agenda Items & General Business proceeded with full Board support and no additional Public Comments were recorded.
Agenda Items for the next Board Meeting
- Drought Planning Changes
- Meadows Aerial Line Project
- Project Update
- Clean California DUMP DAY
- Waiver and Release of Liability FORM when accessing 'private property'
- Ordinance 7.10 Work on Private Property
The next Open Public Session of the GSD Board of Directors Meeting is scheduled for Dec. 19, 2023 at 5PM.