Officially BACK! Pay Your Bill ONLINE is Operational once again! GIVE IT A TRY!
Press Releases will follow shortly after each of the Open Public Sessions of GSD Monthly Board of Directors Meetings, generally scheduled on the fourth Tuesday of every month. Please See our Calendar to attend in person, to this public forum for your local water district or read the complete Agenda and Meeting Minutes. Meetings are held inside the main office located at 919 Redwood Drive, Garberville CA 95542
Regular Meeting Called to Order at 5PM Tuesday, October 24, 2023.
General Manager Report:
- Winter Preparations are underway, analzing potential problem areas for the system or equipment. Part of the analysis is replacing failing, or low performance, equipement and water meters. Customers continue to assist in identifying areas, such as drainage issues, leaks or exposed pipes.
- G.S.D. Staff and Jennie Short have been working diligently on the Tank Replacement Project, complying with reporting requirements and updating operational plans. Steady progress is slow, but deliberate improvements will assist us now and in the future.
- Multiple meetings and trainings with regard to funding, planning and requirements from various regulatory aganecies and local improvement plans are being attended, including funding meetings in November. The hope is that money will be available for the increased cost of conducting business and completion of projects.
- Board discussion on item B.6, regarding communications with G.S.D. Attorney and the Timberland Resource Consultants about a timber harvest plan and logging-truck road through the middle of the G.S.D. Wastewater Treatment Facility are ongoing.
- Humboldt County Spervisor, Michelle Bushnell contacted the G.S.D. about partnering with the county and state in sponsoring a Clean California, 'large item' Dump Day, promoted by Cal-Trans for our area. There are many logistal details to gather before arriving at a forseeable date regarding this event.
Regular Agenda Items & General Business proceeded with full Board support and no additional Public Comments were recorded.
Agenda Items for the next Board Meeting
- Tank Replacement Project
- Personnel Policy
- In House Projects
- Use Ordinance - Work on Private Property
- Clean California DUMP DAY
The next Open Public Session of the GSD Board of Directors Meeting is scheduled for Nov. 14, 2023 at 5PM.