Officially BACK! Pay Your Bill ONLINE is Operational once again! GIVE IT A TRY!
Press Releases will follow shortly after each of the Open Public Sessions of GSD Monthly Board of Directors Meetings, generally scheduled on the fourth Tuesday of every month. Please See our Calendar to attend in person, to this public forum for your local water district or read the complete Agenda and Meeting Minutes. Meetings are held inside the main office located at 919 Redwood Drive, Garberville CA 95542
Regular Meeting Called to Order at 5PM Tuesday, September 26, 2023.
General Manager Report:
- Due to multiple requests from customers, to reduce their water service charges and water consumption, we have been providing education about Financial Assistance Programs. GSD has also been doing On-Site visits to assess Water Reduction Measures.
- GSD is in the process of developing a Policy regarding Easements and Public Access with an attorney to address future requests.
- Meter Replacements and Leak Repairs continue throughout the District. Operations and Staff have been working hard together to locate 'high water usage' as a clue to where customers may have leaks on their side of the meter.
- Communications with other Water Disctricts seeks to strike a balance with State Mandates for new procedures, sampling or reports and Costs of doing business. Most are experiencing similar issues regarding Rate Increases vs. Less Water Usage for generating funding without grant provisions included.
Regular Agenda Items & General Business proceeded with full Board support and no additional Public Comments were recorded.
Agenda Items for the next Board Meeting
- Tank Replacement Project
- Update on River Guage VS. Actual Data
- In House Projects
The next Open Public Session of the GSD Board of Directors Meeting is scheduled for 5PM Oct. 24, 2023